Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'll Admit It

I'm superficial. I'm drawn to the linguistically inclined, the creative, the artistic, the beautiful people of the world. If this is what is meant by the phrase "opposites attract" then it is so correct for me. I have found some blogs (see my blogroll) that I can't seem to do without.

I like blog conversations. Blogging is different things to different people. I think I'm beginning to find out what it means for me. I've read bloggers who say that they love to get comments. I'm of the same mindset. I liken blogging to talking with my friends. Regular conversations involve dialog. People take turns speaking and listening. With my crazy schedule blogging is so convenient. I can say as much (or as little) as I want and if my friends are 'listening' they'll respond. At one point I thought I was addicted to blogging and it felt bad somehow. But how can it be bad to speak and be heard? To all my beautiful and handsome blog buddies (I don't have any ugly ones that I'm aware of) please don't leave me alone out here! Without you I have no reason to post. "I can't live, if livin' is without you." And without you I won't have any interesting posts to read. Do you know how hard it was for me to find you'all in the first place??

Just wanted you to know I appreciate you.

Shelly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know I'm not one of your blog-friends, but I just love to read what you write. And you’ve gotten me hooked on a couple of others too. I didn’t even know what a blog was until you kept telling me to go look at your new shoes or see the latest picture of your baby. I really don’t have too much to say, so NO, I’m not going to have my own blog. For now, I’ll just be your work-friend who reads your blog everyday and occasionally glances at some of your friends’ blogs.

Anonymous said...

'how can it be bad to speak and be heard?' i think that sums it up quite nice, Shel. blogging can be another method(?) of friendship. i find myself talking to my 'live' friends, about things my blog friends have said on their blogs or commented on mine about. it's all good! i too like the dialogue that commenting provides - and the variety of opinions you can receive and do find myself 'missing' someone, if they haven't blogged in awhile.

Thanks Shel!

The Gig said...

I feel ya -- it is quite disappointing to post a blog and discover that you haven't gotten comments. It tells me that what I'm writing about only interests me and if that's the case, I can just write my thoughts and experiences in my own little private journal at home and just keep my thoughts between me and the LORD. Yes, it is fun to be able to share with all of you out there. God Bless and I shall keep in touch.

Don Tate II said...

Hey Shelly P. You got so many blogs, I don't know where to start. I've been told recently that bloggin is an unsocialable wierdness shared by unsociable wierdos. But whatever, I enjoy it, so I'll keep bloggin. And thanks for visiting.

Unknown said...

i'm the U.G.L.Y. one.. you know the U Gotta Love yourself one...

NeenaLove said...

shellyp... you were like one of the first blogs i latched onto. thanks for taking the time to actually write your thoughts down! i'm such a voyeur... people stories are theeee most beautiful-est thing in the world.

**singing with you** "can't live if living is without you..."

LOL...