Sunday, April 17, 2005

Tonight's the Night!

Well, with all the words of encouragement, how can it not go well? I've put a twist on the whole thing - it's now a barbecue business launch. K agreed to work his magic on the grill. There will be at least 12 adults and 8 kids, not including me, K, Jr & Sid. Plus, others said they would try to stop by at different times. (Tiff, I'm calling my mom right now to get her to bring her camera.)

Purfiktgurl hit another interesting topic: if your significant other cheated on you at some point in your relationship, would you want to know?

My first answer: I DON'T WANT TO KNOW.
My second answer: I WANT TO KNOW.

I know you're all confused by now, but let me explain.

I don't want to know if:
* there are no after-effects, i.e. no pregnancy, no disease, no fatal attraction

I do want to know if:
* there are after-effects AND / OR
* my knowing will help you stop yourself from doing it again

Don't tell my husband this. I don't want him to think I'm giving him a license to act free.

The reality is, none of us are perfect. And in the end, it'll all be between the person and God. "Vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord." Whatever happens to me in this life, I'll get over it. I know, easier said than done. I'm not trivializing the hurt feelings I would have. We are ALL going to make mistakes and do things that hurt the people we love. We shouldn't, but we do. And the people we love will hurt us too - sometimes unintentionally, sometimes intentionally. Now, even saying that, I am NOT saying we should act like we're going to make mistakes and not strive to do our best in all things. Always aim for perfection in honesty, integrity, faithfulness, etc. "Aim for the stars, you might hit the moon."

Confusing enough for you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't take credit for the question - it was reading the lyrics to Lyfe's song, 'Hypothetically', that ask that quetion, that got me thinking.

interesting shel, that you wouldn't want to know in the case there were no 'after-effects'. i think i'd still want to know. i'd want them to still be completely honest with me - and give me the chance to decide to forgive them or not/carry on the relationship or not.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Don Tate II said...

I always tell the wife, if it really ever happened, film it. I'd like to see. Not because I'm a pervert. I just need the proof.