Thursday, March 10, 2005

Pampering Revisited

I'm still trying to get my husband to let me pamper myself. What better way to appreciate myself and extend my life than to treat my body good. But how?

Number 1 on my list would have to be the classic massage. Nothing compares to laying down in a dark warm room, with or without music, your eyes closed and feeling the magic of the hands. My husband should be the one, but if he won't then...I'll fork out the dollars for it.

Laying on the beach is definitely up there on the list. The great thing is that it's FREE. But the timing has to be just right. Get there at noon and it's all over. The noon sun will burn you up. Get there at midnight and the water is black and uninviting but the moon reflections make for an amazingly romantic setting. 9 or 10 am is perfect for enjoying the beach itself.

I can't leave out getting my hair done. During storytime in elementary school there were a couple of girls who used to like playing in my hair. That used to relax me so much. I felt like I just let everything go and my mind was at rest. Sitting in a salon for four hours is nothing close to relaxing, except for the part where my hair is getting washed. That almost brings me back to my first-grade years.

I thought about adding manicures & pedicures, but they don't do it for me like the other things I listed. Don't get me wrong, I like to have / see good-looking nails, and getting them done is alright, but they don't bring my mind to the same level of relaxation.

This last one doesn't count as a method of pampering, but watching someone draw...man, that puts me in another world. I had a friend in one of my high school english classes who would sometimes turn around and draw a picture in my notebook. Mary. I remember staring and staring and watching as each stroke gave me more and more insight into the final picture. I used to hate it when she was done or when class was over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that last one is very interesting - i wouldn't have looked at it that way.

princessdominique said...

I came back by and couldn't resist chiming in on the pampering--it's a MUST do. I got a massage on Monday and it was wonderful! Too bad the feeling doesn't last all week though.