I could write a tribute to black men based on you, your love for your family, your faith, your courage. Your son has a great role-model in you. Your daughter will see in you how she deserves to be treated.
- Remember that time I got on your nerves?
- Remember the many times you got on mine?
- Remember the funny meat at the Black Orchid?
- Remember DS before he had kids?
- Remember Eduardo de San Angel and Cafe Martorano's?
- Remember when people couldn't understand why we always had lunch together?
- Remember when K called and asked you for your pediatrician?
- Remember the pep talks and the cooling down walks.
I'm happy and excited for you, you know that. At the same time how can anyone understand? I feel like I'm losing my best friend.
I can't smush our friendship into one post, or even two, but I can put my feelings into three words: I love you.