Sunday, October 30, 2005

What To Do?

True to form I'm in a bit of a quandary. Remeber a while back I said I wanted to write a book? Yeah. And remember the other day I said I've always been indecisive? Right. I really want to try my hand at finishing a book. Especially with NaNoWriMo starting November 1st, now would be a great time to try again. With all the zillion possible topics my problem is choosing one. Real-life documentary type? Fiction novel type? Person? People? Place? First-person narrative? Third-person? Superficial entertainment? Meaningful?

You see I have issues! LOL

***************************

I'm still hanging out in Georgia. I almost don't want to go home. NOT because I love it here but because I'm not looking forward to going back to a musty house where the fridge had to be left open, the floor needs to be cleaned, and gas is in short supply but I'm still expected to go to work!

7 comments:

Jdid said...

well i'm hoping you start that book going november 1st. i'd try but i'm all out of ideas

The Gig said...

I agree with Jdid -- go ahead and write. You will be surprised what you will come up with. I know I don't have to advise you to pray about it.

Anonymous said...

go for it. i'm the same way - want to do something - but have so many ideas, that i never start, cause i can't choose one. maybe do a list - of your top 3 favorite ideas - then list beneath each, all your ideas for it - and the one with the most - is the idea you go ahead with.

The Gig said...

Shelly -- about your comment on my blog. I think you might have misunderstood me or I just plain didn't put things right. I went back and read my post and it does sound like I am putting my people down but I'm not. I was just making a point out of one circumstances. Also I guess my post sounded like I was boasting about my number 2 son. I guess I just messed up when I wrote this post. Sorry if I offended anyone because that definitely was not my intent.

SP said...

Just pick an idea and go with it. If it doesn't work out, you can always scrap it and start over! What have you got to lose besides possibly a little bit of time? You have much more to gain!

There is no gas shortage anymore. And the grocery stores are all re-stocked. In Engineering, only Karen is out of power. I think it's safe to come back now. I think you just don't want to come to work, slacker!!

Aziza said...

Write the book and we will buy it. Let's us know what you decide.

Brotha Buck said...

So sorry to hear about your home in Florida. I think you should go for the writing thing! Go, you can do it!