Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Jan. 22-25

Saturday night we found out that my husband's grandmother passed away in Jamaica. I never got to meet her and she didn't get to see her latest great-grandson. We've been talking about visiting Jamaica for years but just haven't made it down there. There's always something that comes up. Next week we're flying down. It's a shame how a sacrifice can be made after the fact when it would have been much better appreciated by us had we made it before. I don't want that to happen again.

Sunday - nothing to report.

Monday - my friend had her baby (yay)!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. (I'm older now than she was when she had me; but I digress.) I can't afford to have a 'party' for her so she brought her own party. She went to the grocery store and bought a fruit bread pudding cake thing and some pineapple coconut Haagen Dazs ice cream, which, by the way, is my new favorite flavor for that brand of ice cream and that's why she bought it. Then she came over to my house to 'celebrate'.

Speaking of parties, I really wanted to have one for Sid's 2-yr birthday. I couldn't afford it before, but I really can't afford it now. I have to work something out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my condolences to Karl and you.
it is funny how 'death' brings people together.