Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I was in no way implying that the boy does not have good points. I'd be lying if I said he didn't.

So many factors. So many issues.

Gig said it right when she said my post reminded her of a typical teenager. We are born selfish and I don't know anyone who likes to be bound by a higher authority. People will kick against the prick just because they want to and not necessarily because of something at home. On the flip side, I don't know any household without their share of problems, my own being a typical example.

Talk, yes, we're doing better with the talking. I'm trying to help K come up with an activity that both he and Jr can do together that would give them some alone time and hopefully encourage some type of dialog. For myself, I realize that in marrying K his son became my son (sort of). Jr and I used to talk more when he was younger during drives to and from school. Now we barely see each other, literally, but I still try to at least play mediator, as mothers are known to do, with the father being mainly the disciplinarian. It's a learning experience for everyone involved.

******************************

The other day a friend of mine out of the blue told me that I have beautiful eyes. Gotta say I miss BdaB. He was always good at boosting my ego.

1 comment:

chele said...

We all have issues with our teenagers. It's just the nature of the beast. We just have to steer them in the right direction and pray that we're doing the right thing.