Saturday, November 27, 2004

So

It can't be that I'm that old. I mean, I know I am, but I don't feel like it. And I look at these kids, young teenagers, and I try to remember if I or any of my friends were like how these kids are now. Did we "not get it" back then too? Probably not. But I like to think we did. Kids are just so selfish - the world revolves around them. They see their little world as the be all and end all and they can't see past their noses. The only hope I have is that they'll grow out of it as most of us do. It's just so difficult rationalizing with a non-rational person. They just don't understand. And apparently they can't understand. Their brains aren't developed enough. Will I have the patience to deal with Sidney when he becomes a teenager?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know we weren't quite as bad as today's teens - but ya, we probably were pretty selfish and absorbed in our little teen worlds.

bye the way, funky new look!

i've been sooo obsessed with my blog and posting, since i changed the design. it's 6am and i'm posting before i leave to go to the doctor. see what i mean. the last few day's i was on line multiple times throughout the day.