Sunday, September 21, 2014

It would be death, wouldn't it? To be the catalyst for me to write again. I've been to more funerals in the past two years than birthday parties and weddings combined. Yet here I am trying to find a way to attend yet another. What do you do when the ones you love are hurting and you can't be there to even give a hug? How do you comfort them when a part of them has gone? As Seventh-day Adventist Christians we believe that the dead sleep until Christ's return, at which time those who died with faith, and those alive who believe, will be taken up (I Thessalonians 4:16-18). But that is then. What about now? How do you tell a child his father isn't coming home? How do you tell a mother that she has to bury her son?? This is now. They have to make it through today. I woke up this morning. I woke up to my daughter in my arms, alive, and warm, and beautiful, and so much promise. I looked at my son when he came in the room and all I can do is look at him and think of the mother by her son's hospital bed watching, hoping, praying, that he wakes up but never does. Two friends who I hold dear to my heart have lost their brother. And there's nothing any of us can do about it. #weweremeanttoliveconnected

No comments: