Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Countdown Continues

Less than two weeks to go now! My mother keeps telling me how anxious she is for her granddaughter to get here, as if I can up and push her out! lol. On the other hand, one my managers at work keeps telling me how deer can delay labor under stress!! Yes, they are special at my job.

There was a surprise shower for me yesterday (missed you SP). Some people ruined the surprise for me. I really hate when that happens because I love surprises. There was a mix up with the dates and one lady brought me a gift yesterday apologizing for not making it to my shower the week before. That's when I knew something was actually in the making. Just that morning I realized I only had two weeks left and I hadn't even planned anything for myself, and I really didn't think anyone was planning anything for me. So I was there feeling somewhat sorry for myself and all forgotten when this lady came and ruined my surprise. Not longer after she left another girl said something about having something to give me at my "thingy" later. That made it worse cause then I knew when it was happening and based on the person who made that statement I knew who was throwing it. I had to complain to hubby cause it aggravates me when people don't pay attention. How could not have known it was a surprise whether it was for me or anyone. If it was for someone else I would have been just as upset. Anyway 10:30 pm came and I was still sitting around waiting for hubby to finish some meetings and then we headed home. I figured they must have changed something because there was no way they were going to keep a pregnant lady out on the road away from her bed so late at night. Boy, was I wrong. Hubby made a detour and took me straight there. It was really nice and I was touched by the gestures of love. This little baby girl surely won't lack love, that's for sure. We had a good time with games (which I thankfully didn't have to participate in but watched from my 'throne' in the corner, haha), and there were snacks and drinks and food and presents. A great effort was put into decorating the room where we were. I was/am very appreciative of everything that was done for me and my family. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I'm still waiting for the rest of my pix, Shawn, I'm not holding out, trust me! :) And, you know, I don't know what I was thinking offering that woman my book. Just trying to be nice, I guess. I try to give mankind the benefit of doubt but more often than not I am left sorely disappointed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lady at my job sent out a group e-mail announcing a "surprise" shower for one of our co-workers. Little did she know, the co-worker was part of the group e-mail. I'm not a fan of surprises so it probably wouldn't have bothered me at all. I'm glad you had a good time.

SP said...

I'm sorry I missed the shower too! I knew about it and knew it was a suprise all along, but I had to work. You'll get your gift from me soon!

Shawn said...

I HATE HATE HATE when surprises are ruined. That's the worst. I agree with you. I get annoyed when people don't pay attention. That woman coulda asked someone in the office if she had missed your SURPRISE party instead of coming directly to you first. With all that being said it was great gesture by your co-workers.

nikki said...

my folk have yet to surprise me cuz someone always lets something slip. the closest they got was a month ago for my birthday but even then i figured it out. i pretended i didn't know though. LOL

anyway, glad you had a great time and glad someone took the time to shower you with gifts. i can't wait for your little one to get here.

Mocha said...

I love when surprises are ruined. lol. seriously, I don't like surprises, I like to be prepared.

Sounds lovely!