Monday, October 05, 2015

I don't wear my heart on my sleeve. I don't see the point. Actually I find it to be counterproductive. When you put everything out there then it not only becomes fodder for those around you. Yes, I watched Brene's video on vulnerability...watched it quite a few times. It's one of my all-time favorites. So, yes, I understand that we need to be open in order feel and connect, yes, yes. Call it a protective mechanism or maybe I'm just lazy, but I don't feel the need to be open with everyone. I have a select few who hear my moans and groans daily, but I am extremely selective about this group. I trust them completely. I do have others with whom I share snippets of my life. Sometimes, emphasis on the word 'sometimes', I feel that I need to share "more," not only for my benefit for the other person. Everyone has a story to tell, many things to teach.

No comments: