Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Is it for real?

Not sure how to take all this excitement. It's easy to get caught up in it though. People gave their lives so that a day like yesterday could happen - that a man could be judged by his character instead of his race. Everywhere I turn people are smiling and happy and talking to each other. Thinking back on today it seems I was one of those people. lol. I think even the world has breathed a sigh of relief at the election results.

To my son, who is five and said he would vote for Obama without any prompting from me or hubby, it doesn't seem like a big deal. He can't fully appreciate the enormity of what has happened. Not even I can. But when I see men like Colin Powell overwhelmed with emotion, I get it.

I wish Obama the best. I don't expect miracles like saving the world. I do expect that the next four years will be something to look forward to in this country. After that, who can tell, but at least for now there's hope.

1 comment:

Jdid said...

its going to be tough for obama , with the mess the prrevious administration is leaving but lets pray he can get some positive changes done